It is difficult to give a general answer to this question with requirements changing daily. However, this is exactly what makes our work so exciting and motivates us to provide the best possible support for your unique business needs.
To help you, you will find below the minimum information we need in the first step.
- Test parameters
- Are the test parameters marked as a CC feature?
- Technical drawing for dimensional inspection
- Photos / if necessary samples of OKs (good components) and NOKs (bad components) for attributive characteristics
- Quantity of components to be inspected
- Is this one-off or standing order?
This information is passed on to our engineers to assess the feasibility. Certain situations may lead to further queries and requirements.
Often, sample parts are needed in the second step in order to carry out tests. Attributive test features, such as chips, discolouration, scratches or superficial cracks, sample parts are absolutely necessary. At least 5 parts of each type of defect should be defined NOK and 5-10 good parts defined OK. Sample parts are also required when it comes to hardness testing or crack testing.
In order to be able to test the automated feeding, there is a possibility that several samples are needed. This depends on the component geometry and we would communicate with you about this.